Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Trax. Ive seen posts people with a Trax can't get the turbo covered for repair/replacement under the gm warranty?

Also, if I do own oil change is it OK if I put in 4 quarts oil and start the engine or isn't here a special way I need to prime it up?

·
Registered
12 Posts
2019 Trax. Ive seen posts people with a Trax can't get the turbo covered for repair/replacement under the gm warranty?

Also, if I do own oil change is it OK if I put in 4 quarts oil and start the engine or isn't here a special way I need to prime it up?
I believe turbo is part of power train Goto your local dealer and ask i get all my oil everything/ parts threw dealership they have a record of whatever I do to car also i keep track on carfax maintenance

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Also, if I do own oil change is it OK if I put in 4 quarts oil and start the engine or is there a special way I need to prime it up?
The oil pan holds 4.0 liters on a 1.4l so unless you flush the engine and suck it dry I would only put 3.5 liters, start the engine and let it run for a minute or 2, stop the engine and wait again a few minutes. On a level surface pull the dipstick and check levels, add oil accordingly to the full mark. No special priming is needed after oil change, just start the engine and reset oil monitor to 100%

1 - 3 of 3 Posts