Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get one of those hatchback privacy shield things that block out your trunk? I hate people seeing inside my vehicles! I can't wait to tint my windows either!

·
Registered
745 Posts
I think you can get universal types at the local autozone or anywhere that sells general car accessories, not sure of anything that's an exact fit for our vehicles but i wouldn't doubt that there's some exact fit product out there.

·
Registered
556 Posts
It seems like the kinda thing that Chevy would have one specifically made for the Trax. But there would definitely be other options out there that are universal. You can always just use a blanket too. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I looked into the one from Chev, it's $110 plus tax. Perfect fit, but more then I want to spend lol. I'll check out a Canadian Tire or something this weekend perhaps, find something universal and cheaper!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yeah I looked into the one from Chev, it's $110 plus tax. Perfect fit, but more then I want to spend lol. I'll check out a Canadian Tire or something this weekend perhaps, find something universal and cheaper!
Sounds like a good plan. There has got to be something that is cheaper that $110. I would say to make sure that you measure the aspects of the rear cargo area, so that you know what size to get if there are multiple choices.

·
Registered
745 Posts
what is Canadian Tire?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's like the Walmart of car parts, outdoor gear and tools lol

Oh and Canadian Tire didn't have anything so the search continues. The bf said he would make me a privacy cover, until that happens I'll keep looking! ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Is there really not a privacy shade? Not for anything but I kninda thought that was standard now like power windows and locks...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there really not a privacy shade? Not for anything but I kninda thought that was standard now like power windows and locks...
Bought mine used and there wasn't one. You'd think they would incorporate one in since it's completely open and people can see right in the back. Maybe it doesn't bother some people. I don't like anyone seeing in and wanting to break in because they think they see something interesting. Maybe I'm paranoid? I had a CRV and it was broken into. I may end up caving and getting the one from chev, grrrr $110!

·
Registered
556 Posts
And they also mint their own money which is pretty cool. It's such a Canadian main stay, like the Bay. Totally foreign to Americans though.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I would hate having to haul around that low currency credit with me, much rather have a rewards card. but it's cool they do that, different from a card.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I would hate having to haul around that low currency credit with me, much rather have a rewards card. but it's cool they do that, different from a card.
So many people have an entire drawer full of these. It feels so good when you're able to actually gather enough to buy something with it though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So many people have an entire drawer full of these. It feels so good when you're able to actually gather enough to buy something with it though.
The most I ever accumulated was like $2.00 lol then I got fed up and dumped it all in the donation thing by the exit lol

·
Registered
745 Posts
now that i see you bought it used, i thought it was bought brand new, then there's a chance it could have been a demo. You might want to ask them.

·
Registered
263 Posts
@steph, have you checked on ebay or kijiji? See if you can find out if the shade is common with any other GM models, at least you could widen your potential pool that way...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@steph, have you checked on ebay or kijiji? See if you can find out if the shade is common with any other GM models, at least you could widen your potential pool that way...
Couldn't find anything on kijiji or eBay. Good idea though so see if anything is similar to another vehicle. I'll do some research.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts