Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found someone selling their crossbars for the roof rack from their 2014 Trax. Anyone know if they'd fit my 2013 Trax? Thanks :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
The rail kit # on our 2014 Trax is 95470986. Not sure is you have a receipt or it is stamped on the rails showing this number etc...but this one fits our 2014. Just look if this part # also fits a 2013 also.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses. I came back to let you all know that they did indeed fit perfectly. They're the stock, GM rails. I transported a canoe on them last night and they did the deed. My only gripe is that they're a bit narrow. My canoe is a fishing/flat bottomed canoe so it's wider than a normal - fast canoe.

But I got them for a steal, so well worth it!

·
Registered
772 Posts
A long time ago my father wanted a fishing boat he wanted to transport it on the roof of our old chevy.

He bought metal gutter mount roof racks, then added 1"x3" wood strips, a few inches wider than the row boat.

Perhaps you can add wood strips to the cross bars to get the extra width you need.

·
Registered
745 Posts
A long time ago my father wanted a fishing boat he wanted to transport it on the roof of our old chevy.

He bought metal gutter mount roof racks, then added 1"x3" wood strips, a few inches wider than the row boat.

Perhaps you can add wood strips to the cross bars to get the extra width you need.
I wonder what police would think of it once inspecting for its level of safety. Usually cops follow the book to the T and hammer down on custom setups.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I used pool noodle pieces. I cut a couple up and placed a piece wherever a rope may touch the car, and as well; on the four corners of the cross rail. Gives the rail just enough more girth and also provided cushion and grip for cinching the boat down. Works great~!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts