Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I recently purchased a 2019 Trax and I can't get the radio to stay off. It automatically comes on when I start the car. Annoying. Is this a defect or a "convenience? I've found a similar thread in here but I can't seem to find an answer. Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can't turn the infortainment system off. Best you can do is press the center dial which will mute the sound. The system is designed to remain "on" while you are driving the car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
So, I recently purchased a 2019 Trax and I can't get the radio to stay off. It automatically comes on when I start the car. Annoying. Is this a defect or a "convenience? I've found a similar thread in here but I can't seem to find an answer. Thanks for any help you can give.
With my 16, the info system boots when powered up and remains up. The radio is turned off and on with the power button, at least mine has a on/off. The Infotainment screen stays on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it does power down when I hit the power button. The problem is that when I start the engine the radio automatically comes on, even though it was powered off when I shut the engine off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can't turn the infortainment system off. Best you can do is press the center dial which will mute the sound. The system is designed to remain "on" while you are driving the car.

So, after speaking with GM customer service and their infotainment service department I finally have my answer. No, you cannot shut this feature off. I guess I will set the start up volume to zero.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Trax LT AWD
65 Posts
My 2019 stays off. The hard button in the center... If you press/release, it mutes the radio (but keeps everything else active) until either you press/release again, or restart your car. However, if you press/hold, it turns everything off (except for the location icon, temperature, and time) until you press/release the button (restarting the car will not turn it all back on).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Indeed it is very annoying. In two years the only solution I have found is to switch the audio source to something you don’t have connected.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Why can't you just turn off the radio after its on? Or are you looking for the radio to just be off from the very beginning? I was going to say you could try and pull the fuse but I'm just trying to understand the reason.

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
HED told you how, press and hold the power button for 3 seconds, that will shut down the radio and leave the rest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts