Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's Chevy trax display is not working the screen is very dim and just keeps showing the my link logo for like 15sec an disappears for a couple of sec and then does it all over again. no radio, Bluetooth, nothing the only time something shows up is her reverse camera when she puts it into reverse but then goes back to the dim logo when not in reverse we have tried the fuse and disconnecting the battery. any help is appreciated

·
Super Moderator
207 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have anything plugged into the ODB-II port, like a Snapshot device from Progressive Insurance or a code scanner? If so, make sure it's properly inserted into the ODB-II port, because I had a similar situation when I bumped my Snapshot device and it was half seated.

The MyLink logo would appear, the radio was playing, all the controls worked fine on the dashboard and steering wheel; but the screen went completely black and unresponsive after the MyLink logo disappeared. Couldn't think of anything I did to make it happen, since I only had 2500 miles on it. Then I remembered not hearing the beep of the Snapshot when I started the car, and sure enough that was the problem. Reseated it in the port and haven't had another problem since.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You wouldn't happen to have anything plugged into the ODB-II port, like a Snapshot device from Progressive Insurance or a code scanner? If so, make sure it's properly inserted into the ODB-II port, because I had a similar situation when I bumped my Snapshot device and it was half seated.

The MyLink logo would appear, the radio was playing, all the controls worked fine on the dashboard and steering wheel; but the screen went completely black and unresponsive after the MyLink logo disappeared. Couldn't think of anything I did to make it happen, since I only had 2500 miles on it. Then I remembered not hearing the beep of the Snapshot when I started the car, and sure enough that was the problem. Reseated it in the port and haven't had another problem since.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
yeah i don't believe she has anything there ill check but i doubt it. It all started to happen like a day after we took it to the dealer to get some recalls fixed on it. im guessing im gonna have to take it back to them so they can fix it. Im starting to think that they might have bumped something when they were behind the steering wheel but i do appreciate the help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts