Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 Trax has been great and I had a odd thing happen today. The radio , door chime and turn signal noise quit working to day after a restart. I checked the manual for the fuse location and what do you know there is a Door Chime / Radio fuse. So I track it down at its fuse panel and the fuse tested and looked good, ie not blown. I wasn't sure what was going on and after some discussion with a fiend I installed the same fuse back in its spot. The car was off and when I pushed the fuse in it had a current spark. I put the key in the switch and the chime started working and when I turned the power on the radio started its normal routine. what do you know, everything worked again including the blinker noise. I'm not pretending that I know anything about the electronics in these new cars but maybe something in that system had a brain fart. It works and thats all I care about. This ends my public service announcement ...

Jamie

·
Super Moderator
2,119 Posts
Is it the MyLink radio? If so I swear that runs on the old Windows 95 operating system and needs a reboot now and then. I also noticed that if you shut your Trax "OFF" before the radio has finished booting sequence next time you turn it on it takes longer to boot and something is always missing. Either chimes, the line-up lines on the backup camera, no backup camera or no clock or temperature. You take the radio fuse out for 10 seconds, put back in, let it boot properly and all works again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it the MyLink radio? If so I swear that runs on the old Windows 95 operating system and needs a reboot now and then. I also noticed that if you shut your Trax "OFF" before the radio has finished booting sequence next time you turn it on it takes longer to boot and something is always missing. Either chimes, the line-up lines on the backup camera, no backup camera or no clock or temperature. You take the radio fuse out for 10 seconds, put back in, let it boot properly and all works again.
Yes, its the My Link radio. I cycled the car off and on before pulling the fuse and that did not help. After pulling the fuse I cycled it off and on and even started it and that didn't help. Only when I put the fuse back in and powered the car up the door chime started and the radio cycled on. Who knows with all the electronics in todays cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts