Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,163 Posts
It won't be plug and play, it will have to be set-up with the theft deterrent module and other CPUs in the vehicle. This can be done at the dealer though! If they have the same pin-out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It won't be plug and play, it will have to be set-up with the theft deterrent module and other CPUs in the vehicle. This can be done at the dealer though! If they have the same pin-out.
I saw your post about your install of the aftermarket stereo in yours. Just curious, when you say "it will have to be set-up with the theft deterrent module and other CPUs in the vehicle" is this any different than if I installed a 2016 radio where the unit would need to be "unlocked" by the dealer? I'd be ok with having to do a bunch of splicing, would be awesome if someone made an adapter harness.

·
Super Moderator
2,163 Posts
I saw your post about your install of the aftermarket stereo in yours. Just curious, when you say "it will have to be set-up with the theft deterrent module and other CPUs in the vehicle" is this any different than if I installed a 2016 radio where the unit would need to be "unlocked" by the dealer? I'd be ok with having to do a bunch of splicing, would be awesome if someone made an adapter harness.
Exactly you will need GM to unlock the radio and marry it to the rest of the CPU's if they will even do it, check first.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Traxy, If I swap out with an aftermarket radio what functionality of original equipment would I lose? When you say the dealer would have to sync an OEM 2017 radio with car CPU's, how is that different than an aftermarket radio? I'm confused.

·
Super Moderator
2,163 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts