Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has experienced a really bad miss under Acceleration? Today while driving up a moderate incline to a bridge the engine started missing it happened again as I was accelerating to pass another car this time on flat ground the temp is 20 degrees out and this is the first this has happened. Cold weather related? Thanks for any ideas. This is a 2015 Trax AWD .

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same thing happen about a month ago. Scan tool showed a P301 code (misfire cylinder #1) Pulled the coil and sure enough #1 plug had corrosion and the coil was burnt. The coil pack operates all 4 cylinder so you have to buy the whole assembly. New plugs and coil, runs like new.

·
Super Moderator
1,633 Posts
Same thing happened to me last summer at 50000Kms P0302, removed the coil pack and 3 out of 4 were badly corroded but the contactor on plug 2 showed signs of arcing and burn marks.

Only one that was clean was cylinder 3

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Traxy for the info, I forgot to mention that while passing on the flat ground the check engine light and stabilitrac light came on for about 30 seconds then went off it's still under warrenty (32,000) mi.so I'll be taking it to the dealer tomorrow. Thanks again for the help.

·
Super Moderator
1,633 Posts
Yes, when misfire is severe enough the check engine light will come "ON" and ECM will put engine either in limp mode or power reduced, in turn this triggers the stabilitrac to turn "OFF" therefore the light comes "ON".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again Traxy that sounds like exactly what happened as I Said it's going to the dealer tomorrow, but now I know the problem, so they can't play the there's no problem game.

·
Super Moderator
1,633 Posts
They will read the history code and they will know what to look for. It's a known problem on these because the boots don't come with dielectic grease and the salt from our roads somehow gets in there and does a number on the contacts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Traxy,you are a wealth of information I do REALLY appreciate your help I'm more familiar with the old school stuff ( guess my age is showing) lol thanks again I'll probably have to pick your brain again sometime.

·
Super Moderator
1,633 Posts
I'm getting up there to @ 62. lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same thing happen about a month ago. Scan tool showed a P301 code (misfire cylinder #1) Pulled the coil and sure enough #1 plug had corrosion and the coil was burnt. The coil pack operates all 4 cylinder so you have to buy the whole assembly. New plugs and coil, runs like new.
How much did that cost please? Mine is doing the same thing

·
Super Moderator
1,633 Posts
The cost depends if you do it yourself or get it done. I did coil and plugs for less than $150.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts