Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday morning was one of the coldest mornings this winter and to make things worse it rained and snowed the night before. The rear window wiper was frozen solid to the glass with about an inch of ice covering it. So I turned on the rear defrost to warm up the back window drove my wife to work, when I got home I figure it would all be melted. All the snow was melted but the wiper arm cover was still covered with ice. So I decided to give it a little tap! MISTAKE, that cover broke instantly like cold plastic usually does. Darn. Anyways all the parts were there so I took it in my shop, warmed it up and epoxied it back together stronger than new with black JB weld, I'm going to let it cure and re-install it tomorrow. I should have taken a before picture but got caught up in the moment. This just to tell you to be careful even if it isn't an expensive part.

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While at it I changed the rear wiper since I had one floating around. Not the biggest wiper in the world.

Epoxy appeared cured enough and I couldn't wait to put it back on after I oiled the hinge.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey Traxy: I have a white '15. rear wiper cover is black. I've been looking to replace the cover, but can't find a part number. Do you happen to have this info? I'd rather not paint this. Only thing I'm finding on ebay and aliexpress is a chrome one, which I don't want. amazon is showing only black. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah they only come in black. I painted mine.

Reactions: Prince Fan

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Grey primer might work, but what you really need is vinyl adhesion primer. I just went to my Sherwin Williams paint store with the paint code. They supplied me with all I needed for less than $40Cdn. Did my front bowtie, bug deflector and rear wiper cover all the same day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts