Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I read the other thread about the shrinking screen. My wife's car had the lines as well before the recalls. I was on the phone with her via MyLink as she turned her car off to get out and the radio started playing in the back round while we talked. Top it off with the door ding that caused all of the software (ding did not happen when key is in ignition ,car,off,driver door open NHTSA Safety) still happens. she owns a 2015 we bought last Nov w/30k mi. so you see she does a little driving..

I would like to hear from others who have shrunken screens , missing lines and any other radio issues since the recalls. It is in the shop today and they are saying shrunken screen is the same as the 2016.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I only had my 15 Trax for a few thousand miles, I never saw a problem with mine.

The Buick has a different screen its mounted higher on the dash and is quite nice looking compared to the Trax radio screen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well got the lines back. There is a setting for the back up camera if you drill the menu to it. You can turn them on or off. They tried that when she dropped it off ( she was there) and it did not work. The radio had to be reprogrammed erasing all settings to get them back on. Apparently a bad update the first time. It still has the left side blank space with the button that does nothing and is no longer full screen like when it was bought, that was a selling point for her so she is not totally satisfied. Time will tell if the ding ding remove your key reminder works now all the time or not. The programmer should be fired. No reason to shrink the screen to the right and add a useless button to fix a key reminder.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I bet they wind up replacing the whole unit, this try to fix something that is clearly broken, is stupid.

It is a waste of time trying to fix something that should be replaced.

They try a 10 cent fix trying to save money when they know it needs the whole new unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear ya that is what we are fighting for so far infotainment support at corporate has been helpful and said to keep an eye on it the start up time is still a bit excessive ( 30 sec sometimes now was a minute). They have comped a 1 yr XM for her.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2016 Trax screen stopped showing the grid and the drill down does not work. It also got smaller and the button on the left appeared. In addition, the steering wheel radio volume is not working and the outdoor temperature display stopped working. This is all I have noticed so far. Stopped at service desk and they said it needed a radio software update. I take it in on Monday so will see what happens. I have had it 6 months and am at about 5,000 miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Wife and I bought a 2016 Trax LS. it has been in the shop twice within a week due to radio problems. the touch screen freezes up when the car is started, the volume will go out at times. and the digital read out for the speed will show all zero's. do you have any clue what is causing this? is this a issue for a recall to be ordered?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I forgot to add.. the grid when backing does not show all the time. and the touch screen has red lines going through it when the above problems rear their ugly head.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I hear ya that is what we are fighting for so far infotainment support at corporate has been helpful and said to keep an eye on it the start up time is still a bit excessive ( 30 sec sometimes now was a minute). They have comped a 1 yr XM for her.
I want to assure you that your feedback is of utmost importance to us, David Frederick. We strive to meet and exceed your expectations, and desire all our customers to have a positive ownership experience. I have just now documented your concerns within our systems, and if you would like to further discuss please send us a private message.

Helen
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
59 Posts
I forgot to add.. the grid when backing does not show all the time. and the touch screen has red lines going through it when the above problems rear their ugly head.
We’re sorry to hear of these concerns, jshelby, as we know these are not expected with a newer vehicle. While our team cannot provide any mechanical feedback, we’d be happy to stand as an additional layer of support with your involved dealer. If interested, please send us a private message at your earliest convenience.

Helen
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 2016 Trax screen stopped showing the grid and the drill down does not work. It also got smaller and the button on the left appeared. In addition, the steering wheel radio volume is not working and the outdoor temperature display stopped working. This is all I have noticed so far. Stopped at service desk and they said it needed a radio software update. I take it in on Monday so will see what happens. I have had it 6 months and am at about 5,000 miles.
This is certainly not the feedback we like to hear, Smith835, and we apologize for any inconvenience. While we are glad to hear that your service department has assisted you, please know that our team is only a private message away if further support is needed.

Helen
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all I read the other thread about the shrinking screen. My wife's car had the lines as well before the recalls. I was on the phone with her via MyLink as she turned her car off to get out and the radio started playing in the back round while we talked. Top it off with the door ding that caused all of the software (ding did not happen when key is in ignition ,car,off,driver door open NHTSA Safety) still happens. she owns a 2015 we bought last Nov w/30k mi. so you see she does a little driving..

I would like to hear from others who have shrunken screens , missing lines and any other radio issues since the recalls. It is in the shop today and they are saying shrunken screen is the same as the 2016.
I bought a 2015 Chevy Trax and within 2 months the back up camera has quit working, as the screen has multi colored lines all through it!! Help! Anyone???

·
Registered
772 Posts
I bought a 2015 Chevy Trax and within 2 months the back up camera has quit working, as the screen has multi colored lines all through it!! Help! Anyone???
I would run it to the dealer have them diagnose the screen, its possible there is just a software update needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had my 2016 Chevy Trax since June 2016. I drive for work so I am outside of my warranty, but I have had many of the same issues reported here. In the beginning of January it got below zero one night and after shopping for an hour (Everything worked fine before I went on the store) my controls on my steering shell no longer worked, the temperature reading was no longer available, the gridline for my backup camera were no longer there, and my Pandora link no longer worked. These functions never recovered. I've been meaning to get my car to the shop, but other issues in life have prevented it. Today, my backup camera no longer kicks on when I put the car in reverse. I called Chevy customer care and they told me they have no record of this problem with this car. They want me to go have the car diagnosed on my dime. Please start making complaints of you truly are experiencing these issues so they can find this problem. I am beginning to regret my Chevy purchase.

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
You may just have a burnt fuse, don't you have warranty on it if it's just a 2016.

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
Mine quit when I first got it and I can't remember the circumstances, maybe when I was installing the dashcam, but I had streaking different color lines in the screen, back-up camera didn't engage and a few other things like steering wheel buttons and temperature reading not being displayed. I pulled the radio fuse for 10 seconds then pushed it back in to see if it would rebooth the radio properly. To my great relief it worked and hasn't failed since, this was late September. Mine is a 2016 also.

The radio fuse is just to the left of the steering column behind the card compartment. Just squeeze the top tabs and pull the compartment door down. Your manual will show you which fuse for the radio.

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
I swear some of this stuff still runs on Win95.>:D

Radio fuse (F32) is a blue 15 amp fuse beside the big square pink 30 amp fuse.

The fuse list is on the back of the card compartment listed as RDO/CHIME....

Or in your manual...

Reactions: 63dart

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
Well this week my Trax's MyLink started acting up again then quit altogether. The last time this happened was last September and I think I know why now. If you happen to not let the radio do a complete boot up before shutting it down you will notice it takes longer the next time to boot, if you do this too many times it eventually gets corrupted and finally stops booting up.

Symptoms for mine, and it took about 3 days to fully fail.

At first it would just booth slow and bluetooth was taking longer and longer to boot too.
Then I lost the guidelines in the backup camera and the little camera lens on the bottom left.
Then I noticed the temperature wasn't being displayed all the time or would flicker.
Then the steering wheel buttons quit working so I couldn't answer the phone from the wheel.
On the next boot up the screen went as far as a dim MyLink display and it stayed like that for at least 5 minutes until it finally came up with the time of day, but now the chimes didn't work and no backup camera ( Kinda depend on that camera now ) and no proximity sensors.
The next time I started the vehicle I had nothing but a blank screen even after several ignition cycles.

So I pulled the radio fuse again for 10 seconds and put it back in.

The radio then rebooted real quick upon the next ignition cycle and now works like new again.

So people if this happens to you don't panic and don't sell your Trax, your RADIO just needs a reset. You will not lose your radio station but you will have to re-adjust brightness and contrast of your backup camera to your liking by touching lower left of picture while in reverse.

Forgot to mention that when the radio failed this icon in the instrument panel flashed when in reverse indicating that the proximity sensors didn't work.

Reactions: 63dart
1 - 20 of 27 Posts