Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Buick is planning to debut a refreshed version of its Encore compact crossover at the 2016 New York Auto Show in March.

A Buick spokesman told Autoblog:

“While we have no additional details to announce, we’re excited to confirm that media and customers will see the new 2017 Encore at next month’s New York Auto Show."
many clues as to what to expect with the new Encore can be found in the recently updated Opel Mokka X (pictured above). Expect LED lights, and some of the Mokka's styling to transfer over, as well as much of the Mokka's interior. This includes things like the touchscreen in the center stack getting integrated into the dash, and the addition of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

The Mokka is equipped with new safety tech that will likely make the jump as well. These include an improved front camera that can detect road signs, an upgraded forward collision alert system, and a new lane departure warning system that activated at speeds over 37 mph.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2016/02/2017-buick-encore-to-debut-in-march.html

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can see how you guys might want to update the Buick grille but I wouldn't change it to the Opel one. Buick will have to keep the general grille design but just find some ways to adjust it in order to make it look a bit more modern.

The Opel grille is okay, but honestly I find it a bit generic when compared to contemporary grille. The division between the bottom and top of the grille makes it seem to me that the whole thing doesn't have a very clear idea.

I actually like the Avista grille, though it isn't much related to the general Buick grille. Unlike the Opel grille, it has one texture filling in the grille which makes it look more complete and whole to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts