Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
Australian here!

Does anybody know the process to reset the Auto transmission so it will learn different driving styles please?
Does each key produce different settings in terms of memory?

My wife's car has a strange quirk, maybe not so for Trax's. Had the car for 2 months now.
When you come to a stop, the auto seems to not kick down to 1st, so when you move off it lurches for a fraction of a second whilst it goes to 1st gear.
I also notice that under feathering of the go pedal the auto holds a gear and may let engine revs get down to 1700 RPM. Seems to be labouring with slight throttle so kind of needs a kick in the guts to get it to kick down. This can be up to speeds of 100kph.

I have got it booked in to be looked at but as Holden no longer is in Australia I am at the whim of the used car dealer's mechanic which may know zip all about Trax.

Thanks for any help!

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
No such thing as adaptive transmission. These run on a preset matrix unlike the engine.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Trax LT AWD
65 Posts
No such thing as adaptive transmission. These run on a preset matrix unlike the engine.
Not trying to argue, honest, lol. I just recall seeing this the other day though...

As far as the OP's question... I've been told to unplug for 30minutes as Djsm said. But I've also been told that that wouldn't suffice. The appropriate equipment would need to be plugged into the system so the specific data could be erased/reset.

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
I stand corrected. Thank You! But this is only during breaking in time and also as the mechanics of the transmission wears out or if you replace the transmission, the software will learn the torque and load and shift speed and will change certain parameters to obtain a smooth shifting transmission. All because no 2 transmissions are alike mechanically. This is all done in the first few hundred miles, it will not adapt to a new driver or shift differently if you use key number 2.

Reactions: HED

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
Not trying to argue, honest, lol. I just recall seeing this the other day though...
View attachment 3788
lol, not trying to weasel out of my apology but what year manual did you take that out of? OP has a 2015 Trax, my 2016 Trax's manual makes no mention of adaptive learning but I believe the Trax received a newer design transmission in 2017 , at least they have a different part #.

No mention of it in the 2017 owner's manual either but it is first listed in the 2018 Trax owner's manual.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Trax LT AWD
65 Posts
My bad. I didn’t catch the year in the headline. Mine is a ‘19.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts