Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2020 Trax LT True North Edition, purchased new last year. Pretty well since day one I have occassionally experienced the horn blowing three times in quick succession, which I believe is the "remote left in vehicle alert", despite that feature being turned off via the toggle in the appropriate infotainment system menu. This happens sporadically when the engine has been running, is shut off, and the driver's or front passenger's door is opened and then closed while the driver's seat is occupied. I also sometimes get the "remote left in vehicle alert" in the driver information display accompanied by chiming when the driver's door is opened, despite as I mentioned this feature being turned off. I have also had the sound system turn itself on after shifting my Trax into reverse to back up. I have an appointment booked with the dealership next week to get them to service the engine oil and filter and to have a look at correcting these issues, but wanted to know if anybody on here has any idea about what might be going on. I myself suspect buggy software in the infotainment system. The horn blowing by itself is really driving me nuts; I now cringe whenever I turn my Trax's engine off. As I told the service writer, there is a reason I turned off the "remote left in vehicle alert" feature.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts