Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased 2016 Trax LT. How does remote start work? Manual and online says, press lock button twice. Then hold remote start button for 5 secs. Not starting.

·
Super Moderator
1,449 Posts
All doors must be closed with no key in the ignition. It might not be enabled in the menu in case it was garage kept. But that is the right procedure lock then hold start button until you see front headlights flash. I also assume the "Check Engine Light" isn't "ON"

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a '15. with my doors left unlocked from previous drive: press door lock button once (lights blink one), press and hold remote start button (Usually about 3 seconds) and release. driving lights come on when engine is running. I don't know how far away you are when trying, but I am close enough to hear engine turn over when pressing the start button. I had a problem with the engine not starting. I switched to a 2nd key dealer provided and engine started. ordered a set of batteries for remote and change the 1 in the fob that didn't work. seems weak battery was the culprit.
my battery is CR2032 3 volt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts