Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With these colder temps and not going out, I have been using the remote start alot...I know you have 2 tries to start it, if it doesnt start, you have to get into car and push the button

I DID NOT KNOW THAT those 2 starts mean all the time, I remote start it daily, but the 3 rd day I have to go out and manually push the button...grrrrrrrr

I called my local chevy and was told this is correct !!!!...I thought something was wrong, but no..thats the way it is ....what dumb ass would design this, other cars with remote no problem, i could start alll the time. no limit....

Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I didnt like it as well.... after two remote starts it wont turn on third or succeeding tries unless u start the engine manually then it resets for your 2 remote starts again.....dumb idea i guess, not only that remote starts automatically turns engine off after 10 mins and u can only extend it once before the 10 minute mark....after thatnu have to start engine manually....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt like it as well.... after two remote starts it wont turn on third or succeeding tries unless u start the engine manually then it resets for your 2 remote starts again.....dumb idea i guess, not only that remote starts automatically turns engine off after 10 mins and u can only extend it once before the 10 minute mark....after thatnu have to start engine manually....
Thanks at first thought it was a problem bc my nice has a older model and hers don't do this, I let it run 15 min then auto shut off, I wonder what the engineers were thinking, and why they changed it:unsure:

·
Super Moderator
1,931 Posts
This is a safety issue in case your dog finds your remote. I kid you not. Imagine your car in an attached garage and your dog keeps turning your Trax on and poisoning you . I park my Encore in the garage and pop the hood to make sure there is no accidental start-up.

·
Super Moderator
1,931 Posts
I'm not going to research this again. It is well documented in an other thread here, with all the lawsuits and casualties.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm not going to research this again. It is well documented in an other thread here, with all the lawsuits and casualties.
well i didnt ask you to, this is crazy, so thats why they changed it, bc of a dog getting hold of it, my niece car is a older model and she can start hers as much as she wants,so i guess something happened that they changed the design, still crazy..who leaves a remote where a dog or kid can get to it...

·
Super Moderator
1,931 Posts
Did you check the settings to see if you could modify this.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you check the settings to see if you could modify this.
ummm nooooo..settings>? where is that? i guess thats the way it is, service guy at dealer says his car does it also, not a trax...and he didnt know why...and comment above says hers does the same.so

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is a safety issue in case your dog finds your remote. I kid you not. Imagine your car in an attached garage and your dog keeps turning your Trax on and poisoning you . I park my Encore in the garage and pop the hood to make sure there is no accidental start-up.
Not all owners have an attached garage...like me its an open area parkinf lot and am living in one of the coldest places ..... Manitoba......hope we can have an option to modify the remote starr to suit our specific needs.......

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not all owners have an attached garage...like me its an open area parkinf lot and am living in one of the coldest places ..... Manitoba......hope we can have an option to modify the remote starr to suit our specific needs.......
Well I have a attached garage, and a dog, but NO way can he ever get ahold of the starter, first he is small, second, and he isnt into that sort of thing, its up on a table, out of reach..brrr yeah cold, living in the chicago are we are single digits....really cold , i doubt if they would modify it to our needs. something could happen and they would be blamed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well I have a attached garage, and a dog, but NO way can he ever get ahold of the starter, first he is small, second, and he isnt into that sort of thing, its up on a table, out of reach..brrr yeah cold, living in the chicago are we are single digits....really cold , i doubt if they would modify it to our needs. something could happen and they would be blamed.
I agree.... something may have happened but should keep an option for the customer to modify this to individual needs....try starting the car manuall in minus 50+ degrees.......how fun is that?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree.... something may have happened but should keep an option for the customer to modify this to individual needs....try starting the car manuall in minus 50+ degrees.......how fun is that?
Im in the garage, but on oxygen, how fun is that going out to start it...for the heck of it i wrote to Chevy lets see if they respond

·
Registered
38 Posts
Im in the garage, but on oxygen, how fun is that going out to start it...for the heck of it i wrote to Chevy lets see if they respond
Yeah i hear u.....hope they do respond....as for me the dealership wouldnt do that for me even offering myself to sign a waiver just in case something happens.......i guess i have to live with it wether i like it or not......

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah i hear u.....hope they do respond....as for me the dealership wouldnt do that for me even offering myself to sign a waiver just in case something happens.......i guess i have to live with it wether i like it or not......
I hope so, curios what they say, truth i really didnt know about the 2 starts, just recently started using it more bc of the cold, just odd, wonder when they started this?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts