Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 chevy trax that the remote start don't work any ideas on why it isn't working

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
Did it work and quit? Are you holding the start button after locking the vehicle? Do you have it disabled in the settings? Do you have a check engine light on? Is it the original remote with start button in the middle ( Not to the right )

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Trax LT AWD
65 Posts
Also, I’ve never tried it, but my dealer told me remote start will not work (via fob or Onstar/phone app) if a (spare) fob is left inside.

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
Also, I’ve never tried it, but my dealer told me remote start will not work (via fob or Onstar/phone app) if a (spare) fob is left inside.
Yours must be a "Push start" OP has a 2016.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Trax LT AWD
65 Posts
It is a push start, but what difference does that make with the remote?

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
Flip- key only has one transponder

and is only on when pressing a button, battery will last 5 to 6 years depending on use. You could leave the spare in the Trax and it wouldn't change a thing. A push start remote on the other hand has 2 transponders and is on all the time, lucky to get a year out of the little CR2032 coin battery. The push start FOB has a proximity sensor which the flip key doesn't have. I haven't had one in the shop for service yet so I have no pictures.

Reactions: HED

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Trax LT AWD
65 Posts
Ah, that makes sense. On that note, I should carry a spare battery in the car. Dealer said they last three years, but that never sounded right.

·
Super Moderator
2,173 Posts
You'd be lucky. My wife's Acura TLX last less than a year. I know It's not a GM but it is the same principal.

Reactions: HED
1 - 8 of 8 Posts