Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed armrest to install seat cover.....my stupid question is what about the metal pin that sticks out and allows the armrest to move up and down, the car seat cover, covers the pin....do I make a small hole to slide over the pin to put back on armrest...thanks for any assistance!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
You are going to have to make a hole for the bolt anyway. What you should do once you have pin pointed where the hole goes is to remove the cover and edgestitch the perimeter of the hole so it doesn't fray. Then put it back on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a way to remove the pin altogether , and some how cover the hole in the fabric ? I am interested in replacing the factory armrest altogether in favor of an after market armrest
( Ebay) that offers additional storage and usb ports for rear passenger use but the factory has made a ridiculous hole in the seat cover for the protruding pin ,seems like they could have done a neater job of it ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Carl,
If you have a new seat cover and it does not have a hole in it for the bracket, remove the armrest bracket (3 nuts inside of the seat frame). Install your new cover...
The "Armster" armrests and the like, may cover your cup holders and the Emergency Brake handle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts