Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I'd share how to remove the radio.

1. Open door at top of radio bezel.

2. Insert plastic tool at bottom of radio bezel and pop first clip.

3. Work your way up.

4. You can then pop the 2 clips either side at the top.

5. Bezel removed

6. Remove four 7mm screws that hold radio in place.

7. Four connectors are in the back all held in place by a push tab.

8. Here is the main connector.

Stay tuned I will be replacing this radio with an aftermarket soon.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Got my new Trax radio today and the technician packed the wrong harness in the box after testing it. Tested the radio on a KIA.

He felt bad, but I make mistakes too. Proper harness has been sent.

Stay tuned, this will come together...

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah this upgrade aside from the larger screen has NAV, Torque on board diagnostic even possibility of TPMS for vehicles that didn't come with it like 2013 models. You can also get DVD player and a whole bunch of other stuff I didn't particularly need. It comes with Android 8.0 plus regular bluetooth and WiFi.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Harness is being held at customs in Richmond BC for unknown reasons. It's a N/C item so what gives?, our government at work!!!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
To be honest I was waiting for a successful install to divulge Model because I didn't want to suggest an untried radio on forum. I will PM you... Once customs releases the harness that they are keeping for whatever reason I will install this radio. If it turns out great I will publish all the details if it's a total failure well I'm the only loser. Guaranty either way I will post back.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Still held at customs, crap !!! So much for express airmail expedite small parcel.

Can't believe it! Canada customs returned the package back to seller... I'm jinxed. Seller has now resent the harness with proof it was a N/C item. Hopefully it gets here before I get too old and forget what it's for.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Update Second harness also being held at customs. WTH!

Just got and email from Canada Post, item has been released by customs and is being processed in Missisauga. Finally!!!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know if it was a miscommunication on my part or the seller misunderstood but I received only the power harness in the mail this morning.:(

This means an other delay because I'm missing the 2 antenna adaptors and the USB mini adaptor which are different than the ones that came with the KIA kit.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm still in convo with the seller, I'm trying to give them a chance but my fuse is getting shorter by the minute.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's a nice one too!

Do you remember which one is the radio antenna and is the other one the GPS antenna? It would save running an other antenna for the NAV system.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Little video of bezel removal.. hope this works

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just 3 issues left with the new radio, Chimes, backup camera and the fact that blue tooth can't find on of my OBDII device.

Hopefully I will be able to start my install thread soon.

Even got the dashcam to display on the screen.

This may be why my chimes don't work...

·
Registered
6 Posts
My canbus decoder was from a different car but it still works fine. See if you have a speaker in your kit mine was round approx 2 inches wide.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Interesting since the harness has a 2 wire connector with nothing connected to it.

Didn't see any speaker in the kit though.

Where did you install or place this speaker so you could here the blinkers clearly? Does it have a volume control?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts