Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Has anyone taken off the lid to the front dash storage compartment? The one that 'pops' open? I'd like to install a back up camera there and if there is someone on here that has done it ... how did you take off the lid? I'm hoping it's pretty simple, but any help would be appreciated. Photos would be great too! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
What year?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the camera installed 2 days ago and they put the unit on the dash and connected it up. It works great, but the camera unit sits too high on the dash for my liking. It blocks my view somewhat. They also drilled a very small hole in the storage lid and ran the wire through to the camera on the rear. It works fine ... but if I could take the lid off, and fix the camera in the lower spot, it would sit lower and not block my view so much. These videos show the whole radio, etc. being removed. I don't want to go that route if I can avoid it. Just want the 'lid' to come off without breaking it off - which might be another option? Help!!! :)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
If you mean the storage above the 2 center vents, you have to remove the radio bezel first then you will see how the tray comes apart. Bezel is easy to remove.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for the video! My removal of the lid worked just as the video showed. I did need to take out the 2 screws in the bottom of the tray (under the removable mat), but once they were gone, everything was fine!
Thanks so much Traxy for answering my question! I love this site .. we all learn so much about our Trax vehicle! Much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
ChevyTraxLS+ this is a friendly forum. Just because somebody doesn't see everything you post doesn't mean they are stupid. Please be polite and refrain yourself! Most people on here are already intimidated enough as it is. I know you know stuff but don't think for one second all people do. Nobody is born a no it all, stuff is learnt through time, experience and desire of knowledge.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for defending me Traxy, (much appreciated) but yes I did watch all the videos! I understood how to remove the radio in the first one, but that is not what I was asking! I only wanted to remove the lid from the pop up storage on the dash ... Your video did not show me how you took off the lid ... you only removed the radio.
So ... I did go ahead and I removed the large piece over the radio, etc. and with a lot of effort was successful in removing the pop up lid. All this was done BY MYSELF!!! No smart assed, mean mouth, know it all MAN to help me! I am a divorced woman who does a lot of these things by myself and I am always glad (and grateful) to learn from others on this site. I sure don't appreciate your comment (Chevy Trax LS+) that I didn't view the video! YOU need to re-read MY comments before you pass judgement on people! Shame on you! #dontmesswithsomewomen!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts