Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not. I have a 2018 Trax and oddly the little cover for the shift lock manual release port near to the shifter has gone missing. Is it possible to order one? If so, from where?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,567 Posts
I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not. I have a 2018 Trax and oddly the little cover for the shift lock manual release port near to the shifter has gone missing. Is it possible to order one? If so, from where?

Thanks!
Do you have a picture?

·
Super Moderator
1,567 Posts
There are 2 different shifters for the 2018 year. This should be under warranty if your still under warranty. Shifter parts do not sell separately and you will need to purchase the complete shifter or seek one at a SALVAGE YARD. GM#42559680 for the black one and GM#42559682 for the platinum one. About $130

·
Super Moderator
1,567 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,567 Posts
Edited with your answer in previous post. And you're welcome.

·
Super Moderator
1,567 Posts

There's also a jet black one GM#42559686

Reactions: DinoTrax

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took mine to get detailed and when i got it back that same part was missing but mine is a 2020 chevy LT trax does it fit

There's also a jet black one GM#42559686
I have a 2020 trax LT does it fit i saw it only gives me the part yr up to 2018 i took it to get detailed and got it back with this same part missing

·
Super Moderator
220 Posts
Should fit, no major changes since the late 2017 model "facelift" happened.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,567 Posts
Both these numbers are good numbers for the 2020 You just have to know which black you have. Piano black or jet black. Don't ask me the difference, they are both black. Maybe Piano black is glossier.

·
Super Moderator
1,567 Posts
Yes, GM#42559686

·
Registered
1 Posts
Traxy - this is the best forum I have found yet on this tiny little part. Do you know if they have a silver/gray piece to match other interiors besides the black? I'm struggling to find the part anywhere.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Super Moderator
1,567 Posts
I have never found a GM# for the silver one even looking it up on Sonic and Cruze or Encore part list. I think they expect you to paint it!

Mine is silver also and when I put in my VIN it only shows GM#42559686 ( Jet black )

1 - 20 of 20 Posts