Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2016 Chevy Trax LT in October 2020. I've been impressed with the car as this is my first subcompact. I recently took it in for service at the dealership and asked them to look into a rubbing noise I was hearing when I turned in either direction. Service said it was due to rust build up on the rotors. Is this normal? How can I get rid of the rust? Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not so long ago, new mixtures designed to combat rust appeared on the modern market of car care products. If earlier paint and varnish substances could be applied to the body surface only after its thorough cleaning, which was carried out by means of a grinder or a grinder, now it is possible to paint directly on rust spots. On https://www.rustbullet.com/automotive-applications/ I regularly order a special paint from the Rust Bullet brand for my car service.

·
Super Moderator
302 Posts
Rotors will develop surface rust over the course of a few humid days from sitting unused, even quicker if you have off and on rain. It's perfectly normal and until the make fully stainless steel rotors, it will happen until the end of time. The rust will burn off just by applying the brakes while driving, and shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts