Chevy Trax Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

· Administrator
2,826 Posts
Maybe, see if this will work... It said on their sight for Trax 2014-2016 although it may not have changed a lot this manual is officially 2014 Trax and Encore. I haven't marked the corrupt files so you may discover misplaced pictures.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/87j6bbfyuiuq92n/AABz8-PutwgcSwjjJr_W2vLka?dl=0

Let me know, if it doesn't work we'll try something else.

· Registered
772 Posts
Maybe, see if this will work... It said on their sight for Trax 2014-2016 although it may not have changed a lot this manual is officially 2014 Trax and Encore. I haven't marked the corrupt files so you may discover misplaced pictures.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/87j6bbfyuiuq92n/AABz8-PutwgcSwjjJr_W2vLka?dl=0

Let me know, if it doesn't work we'll try something else.
Thanks I'm sure this information will help with some of the systems that viewers of the forum are interested in.

· Registered
17 Posts
The Dropbox link worked perfectly, this is amazing!

I would never shell out as much money as the service manuals want (even though I couldn't find any), but those PDF are a lot of great info for my projects!

Thank you so much!

· Administrator
2,826 Posts
Glad I could help, what year is your Trax?

· Registered
17 Posts
Hello Traxie,

I finally took some time to look at the manual and it makes zero sense to me.

There seems to be a LOT of good illustrations, but they make no sense with the surrounding text.
I've looked at the first "Accessories and Equipment" sections at this point.

I'm looking into how to remove the front bumper fascia to install my lightbar.

· Administrator
2,826 Posts
Somehow some of the files got corrupted and pictures are scrambled in adobe. Sorry! I'll try and get an other copy.

· Premium Member
34 Posts
2018 Trax service manual

After waiting for several weeks beyond purchasing our 2018 Trax, Helm Inc. finally announced the availability of both paper and USB memory stick versions of the 2018 service manual. I called and was told that I would not be able to print from the memory stick version. So, I decided to go with the paper manual as I have had several of the paper manuals for our older GM cars and liked them. The painful part was a price tag that's essentially double of what I've paid in the past. With shipping cost, I paid $429.36 for the set.

There's a LOT more to this set of books compared to those I've had in the past. All of my older service manual sets consisted of two volumes (each averaging about 1-3/4" thick). The set for the 2018 Trax (and the Buick Encore) is made up of SIX volumes, several of which are fully 2" thick. The shipping weight was about 32 lbs.

The contents of the manual set are MUCH better than the older manuals I have had. The pages are made of a heavy duty bright white stock. Printing quality is superb. All the graphics is superbly done. I'm glad that I got the set of books.

One thing that I've done to make using the books easier is scanning and printing all the tables of contents so that I can pull the correct volume for a project without having to pull a book out to look at the table of contents (all of which is printed in every one of the volumes).

· Administrator
2,826 Posts
You say you can't print from USB but you could still do a Print screen if you just wanted a couple of pages. How much was the USB version?

· Premium Member
34 Posts
You say you can't print from USB but you could still do a Print screen if you just wanted a couple of pages. How much was the USB version?
The USB version is listed as $200. I just didn't want to risk having to use a computer while working on the car. I know I can scan pages from the paper manual if I don't want the whole book out for a job.

Oh well - the cash is spent and I have the info I feel I might need for the work I would do on the car.

· Administrator
2,826 Posts
I checked the USB on their site and it was $342Cdn and in the fine print it said buyer was responsible for Import charges, duties and Canadian taxes so I figured over $400 Cdn by the time it was here. It would be nice to have to be able to help people on here but that's a bit over my budget.

· Registered
772 Posts
I just bought a service manual from Helm for my Bolt it cost me $175 they wanted $400 for books.

I'm going to miss having a book to look over when I just want to scan for info.

The bright side is I can carry the USB drive with me, in my computer case, something I could never do with a set of service manuals.

· Registered
40 Posts
Here is my take on service manuals. I have had the Helms manuals for most of the old cars I have owned and worked on. Mostly Corvettes but now an 88 Buick Reatta.
I like to do it myself but do not have access to a lift so I use a mechanic for the big things.
The manuals are very informative and most of the diagrams to include wiring are spot on. Unfortunately, not everything is listed or diagrammed.
For instance, I replaced a power inverter that was located way up under the left hand side of the dash. The instructions included this phrase, " Gently pull the defroster vent up in order to access the dash screws". Gently my butt! After 30 years in Arizona that sucker had to be pried out and it had a locking tab every 5" of its 3' length!
These manuals pay for themselves over and over and over. The help of skilled and knowledgeable Forum members are priceless for many jobs though.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts