Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone,

I’m currently seeking assistance with adjusting the time/date in my 2019 Chevy Trax. The only options I have within the Time/Date section is Set Time, Set Date, and Use 24 hour format. I do not have the Automatic Time and Date option. Whenever I manually try to set the time, it doesn’t allow me to select it. I’ve attempted to place my car in park and try it, but it doesn’t work. I’ve turned the car on and off, the radio on and off, and I’ve returned to factory settings. I’ve connected my phone to see if that would help, but it didn’t. The radio is updated as of 06/10/2020. If anyone knows a way to fix this, please help me.

·
Super Moderator
289 Posts
Try going to the settings and doing a reset of the head unit. You won't lose any stored stations but there is a wireless network connection that is connected to the OnStar system that may need reset, whether you have a plan with them or not it's always connected. The time should auto update through that connection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try going to the settings and doing a reset of the head unit. You won't lose any stored stations but there is a wireless network connection that is connected to the OnStar system that may need reset, whether you have a plan with them or not it's always connected. The time should auto update through that connection.
Thank you for your response. I don’t mean to sound ignorant, but how do I do a reset of the head unit?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found this thread and had the same issue in my 2019, but no solution seemed to be working. So if you also found this thread google searching after daylight savings time, allow me to update how I got it to work:

Turn the vehicle completely off, so that the radio is completely off. Then, I turned on the console but not the vehicle by pressing the middle power button. From there, it made the auto time set option available where it had been missing before. Turned that off and was able to set time manually!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I found this thread and had the same issue in my 2019, but no solution seemed to be working. So if you also found this thread google searching after daylight savings time, allow me to update how I got it to work:

Turn the vehicle completely off, so that the radio is completely off. Then, I turned on the console but not the vehicle by pressing the middle power button. From there, it made the auto time set option available where it had been missing before. Turned that off and was able to set time manually!
This does not work for me. There is still no option to enable or disable auto set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts