Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has any problems with the Side Detection System? I have a 2017 Trax,and from day one I have had problems. It happens on the highway (where I do most of my driving) after a bit it will tell me the Side Detection System is unavailable. The dealership did not know at first what was wrong. They can't recreate it without taking my car on the highway for 20 minutes for a test drive. Now they tell me that this is SOP, that message will come up if I have not passed any cars in 15-20 minutes.

If that is the case I would call this a design failure. However, I pass vehicles all the time, there is rarely a stretch of 20 minutes when I have not passed a few cars. Get this, a car was passing me, and the indicators on the side mirror were showing that the car was there, and I thought, maybe it is working. The car no more than passed my front bumper when the message came up.

For the most part I like my Trax (well, I would have loved it in a standard transmission) but this is a feature that I have paid for and has never really worked, so it is frustrating to me. The dealership won't even look at it when I have a message that says "Service Side Detection System" apparently that does not mean it needs service, only if they can see it in the computer - I did have a picture of it!!!

So my last 2 cars I purchased new from Chevrolet have not been great experiences. As much as I like Chev, I think I will not be purchasing another Chevy.

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
Have you tried a different dealership? You don't have to go to the dealership from where you bought the vehicle. I think this dealership is lazy, I'd go see the manager or above him if I have to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts