Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Some vehicles come with the tow hook some rely on the tow truck having the correct one.

If one was used on the Trax in shipping, which I doubt it was, it was returned to GM by the shipper.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Definitely the tow hook. Did anyone receive one when buying their Trax ? Or does anyone use it for a license plate relocation kit ?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of what this tow hook should look like?
Might be a handy thing to have in the car all winter. (You never saw my wife drive.............)
Maybe I can make one if they are not available.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I did find a diagram on how to use the eye, from the diagram it appears to simply be an eye bolt. Now just need to figure out what size thread and place an order thru McMaster.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have already taled to GM about this part on the car. The funny thing is that once you remove the cover there is no hole to insert the tow hook to. So im trying to find out why its not there, and if they will add the hole for me. Because i want to had tow hooks to my car

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is for a tow hook. My vehicle has the threaded eye hook in with the spare tire equipment.
Can you post a pic of your eye hook?
Would love to see what the OEM factory one looks like
I'd like to know the same before I destroy my styrofoam impact material. I know the styrofoam is to dissipate the impact of a collision but the steel brace behind it might have rivet nut or pre drilled hole in it but without a picture it's hard to say

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
I believe my 2016 and up don't have this while still retaining the old bumper cover , my toe hook is under welded to the right of the K frame. Also serves as a hold down while transporting. 2 birds with one stone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts