Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled out of the lot a couple months ago only for my wife to notice a small ding above the left front tire on the crease in the fender of my new 2018 Trax lease. Dealer paid for the removal, and it looks so much better, but being the obsessive compulsive consumer that I am, I cannot ignore the tiny ripple in the metal that, even though it's only seen from a certain angle and in certain light, continues to taunt me every time I mount saddle. I was thinking of trying that hairdryer / canned air treatment as a finishing touch, but the last thing I want is to make it worse. Anyone try this on a Trax with good results? BTW great site! I've already learned much here.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Depending on whether the metal needs to move out or in will determine if the hot cold trick will help, or make it worse.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The original ding was metal pushed in directly on the fender crease and was no larger than 1" diameter. The crease itself was restored to perfection, but a tiny ripple above and below the crease is barely evident to the human touch, and seems slightly raised above and slightly concave below. I think the metallic gray paint over-emphasises this and sometimes looks worse than it really is. Think of it as a slightly wrinkled piece of paper. Just thought the hot cold would smooth it out a bit. I know it's a lease, but it's my first new car in several years and I love everything about it except this. Maybe I'm just looking for someone to tell me to take a chill pill and in 3 years I'll pay more attention before I take delivery. Lol. BTW, thanks for the response!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts