Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if it's just me but with the windows up there is a sweet smell coming from somewhere like pancake syrup and I haven't been eating in the car. I hope I didn't get a lemon. **** this shouldn't be going on with a car this young.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Trax LT AWD
65 Posts
Sounds like a bad (leaky) heater core. If so, a steamy film also usually forms on the windshield (inside).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No film but I just recently (like maybe earlier this week) noticed the smell. I haven't been using the windshield fan setting either though I don't know if that makes a difference. I just hope I'm not imagining it. I didn't notice it during the cold snap we had. The car only has about 2900 miles and is a 2019. Kind of early for a defect like this. But I'm really sure it doesn't smell sweet in the car.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Trax LT AWD
65 Posts
You’d definitely notice the smell before the windshield starts getting steamy, if that is the problem. And you’d smell it if using the heat at all. Actually, you’d probably smell it if not using any heat at all. Check your floors at the firewall for dampness or wet spots.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Trax LT AWD
65 Posts
...Under the hood, you could open the coolant res and take a sniff to see if it is the same smell.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually I'm thinking it could be Starbucks residue that spilled out because it's not terribly strong but I get a hint every now and then and I don't smell anything from the front of the car with the hood closed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts