Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We drove about 3 hours West to meet relatives who had attended a wedding in Big Sur. Met at a restaurant in Barstow, CA.
Our '16 Trax with 53,000 miles ran great and got 32.5 mpg. Travelled on I40 most of the way at about 80mph. Great road and easy to pass gaggles of vehicles as the car easily hit upwards of 95 mph. Smooth power and a comfortable ride. The XM/Sirius radio is a joy.
Saw a semi tractor hauling a big goose neck travel trailer. Instead of a sleeper cab they had a Smart Car sitting sideways where the sleeper would have been! Very cool.
The only bad part was buying 10 gal of gas in Barstow for $56+. On the way back to Arizona we stopped at a Mobil station in Cali for a potty break and saw prices there of $7.99/gal and bought a single cold soda for $2.69. It must really suck to live there. Talk about "tax and spend"!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi Azron. Thanks for some positive information. I am wondering how you averaged 32.5. The 1 road trip I did in my '16 was 650 miles in 1 direction. Cruise set at 75 most of the time. I averaged a bit over 29 while using 87 octane and a bottle of fuel line cleaner at each fill up (didn't know where to get Top Teir fuel).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It just has always got great mileage and we have used it in the SW area of the country with regular gas and a bottle of fuel injector cleaner with each oil change. I installed new plugs around 45,000 miles and had to replace the fuel injectors as they were noisy. The car has always got that mileage.
I do tend to be very agressive with maintenance by installing new Michelins last year and changing the air filter earlier than needed. I also did a flush and fill of both the cooling system and the automatic tranny much earlier than required. Put in a new, high quality battery about the same time too.
Just had the local Chevy dealer do an oil change and the tech said it looks like a new car. It sure helps to be retired and not drive much.
I just returned from the Colorado river and went from 600' above sea level to 3,700' and she performed flawlessly. Turbo kicks in when needed and gives plenty of power. I am a very happy owner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2019 FWD Trax with almost 47,000 miles has averaged 33.32 mpg since it was new.
Your driving style has a dramatic effect on your gas mileage. My daughter used tmy car for most of one tank of gas and got 23.24 mpg.

Obviously your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2019 FWD Trax with almost 47,000 miles has averaged 33.32 mpg since it was new.
Your driving style has a dramatic effect on your gas mileage. My daughter used tmy car for most of one tank of gas and got 23.24 mpg.

Obviously your mileage may vary.
Yes, a lead foot on the gas will KILL mileage......and also a "lead foot" on the brakes. Those will wear out faster also. I LOVE it, when I kind of "idle" up to the next stoplight. The Person behind me FLOORS it, all pissed off........then they slam the brakes on at the light........

Then I pull up slowly.........RIGHT next to them........LOL!!! They got NOWHERE on me!!

·
Administrator
2,596 Posts
I called that " Hurry up and wait syndrome ". Plenty of those here in Moncton, then they wonder why they only get 10 MPG and need a brake job once a year. One born every minute apparently. I hate stickers on a car but thinking hard about getting this one!
Font Rectangle Signage Brand Electric blue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts