Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i get GM service interval stuff but 60,000 mile plug change my engine is running great doesn't have any codes do you guys feel the recommendation a valid option? It just seems to me when almost all the other cars and trucks use Iridium plugs and have a 100,000 mile life am i just jaded or is it a blatant money grab? Thoughts? Thanks>:D

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
Dual iridium plugs should be good for 100,000 miles provided your vehicle came with ACDelco and not NGK. I'm saying this because for a short period of time GM Mexico switched to NGK for what ever reason. So If you have NGK installed 60,000 miles would be right but 100,000 miles if you have ACDelco dual iridium.

I suggest if you have NGK to switch to ACDelco. My 2016 Trax has NGK from the Mexican factory. My 2016 Encore has ACDelco Dual iridium from the Korean factory.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tracy I am not sure which I have I would do them myself but getting the module off the plugs I had a problem with getting it off in the past I broke the boots off.

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
Yeah, they tend to stick to the plugs if you don't grease them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Spark plugs are a shorter lifetime in turbocharged applications, iridium or not. I would go by the suggested replacement interval.

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
my 2014 manual suggests replacing at 60,000km for the 1.4 Turbo engine, so i did just that. replaced with denso iridiums if i recall.
Mine says 60000 miles or 96000Kms. ACDelco 41-121

Reactions: adamjeeps

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mine says 60000 miles or 96000Kms. ACDelco 41-121
Mine too except I need 41-153 for the Encore LE2 direct injection start/stop engine.

I like the engine except for when you park, the engine cuts off when you stop and then when you put it in park, it turns back on!! There should be a delay to keep the starter from unnecessary wear just for parking!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts