Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 trax buttons on the steering wheel stopped working. The outside thermometer stopped working.and my backup camera has a orange line in the middle of my screen could someone please help me figure this out I searched online seen this has happened to many others and tried all of the things they said but not worked any thing would be helpful thanks :eek::(:|

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
If pulling the radio fuse didn't work then you may be out of luck.. Maybe a visit to the dealer for a software update would help. Should be no charge because I believe there's a bulletin on this problem. Happened to me twice and pulling the fuse for 10 seconds did the trick for me. But this just resets the radio it isn't a cure by all means.

F32

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
You could call to see if you VIN is in the series of vehicle pertaining to this bulletin. I read it on here but no bulletin # was given.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
TSB #16NA347
NHTSA ID #10135281
OCTOBER 14 2016

This technical bulletin provides a procedure to reprogram the radio to correct a condition of Right Hand Steering Wheel Controls Inoperative, Outside Ambient Temperature Reading on Radio Display Inoperative, and/or Rear Vision Camera

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Pulling the fuse didn't work unh! Did you give him that bulletin number? TSB #16NA347

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pulling fuse didnt work also tried pulling the logistics relay out and back in and the person i talked to with the dealer and said they looked up my vin and there was nothing

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Are you asking a question? I don't understand your last post.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Don't believe them. The steering clock spring may explain the steering wheel buttons but it doesn't explain no temperature that comes from the ECM and rear camera that comes from the tailgate. This should be no charge at the dealer, bring it in and get the MyLink re-flashed to the latest version of software and your problem will be solved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having this same issue as described on my 2016 Trax. The dealership wanted to run 3 diagnostics for the 3 “separate” issues, costing $200 for each diagnostic. Wish pulling the relay or the fuse worked for me...

I told them to just do the diagnostics for the radio. I mentioned the tech bulletin, but they brushed it aside. I will reply with what I find from the dealership later...

Now to find a copy of the service manual for the car.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Stealers...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having this same issue as described on my 2016 Trax. The dealership wanted to run 3 diagnostics for the 3 “separate” issues, costing $200 for each diagnostic. Wish pulling the relay or the fuse worked for me...

I told them to just do the diagnostics for the radio. I mentioned the tech bulletin, but they brushed it aside. I will reply with what I find from the dealership later...

Now to find a copy of the service manual for the car.
Turns out the switch assembly will need to replaced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Turns out the switch assembly will need to replaced.
So the switch assembly did not need to be replaced. The radio needed to be reprogrammed, however, instead of dealing with the Chevy dealership to have them reprogram the radio, I decided to upgrade the radio. While that was more expensive than just spending the fee to reprogram the radio, I now have a radio that has Apple CarPlay amongst other features I didn't have before.

Here's the radio and kit I installed:

Kenwood-Excelon-DMX907S-Digital-Multimedia-Receiver
iDatalink-Maestro-ADS-MRR-Universal-Radio-Replacement-SWI
iDatalink-HRN-RR-GM2-rGM2-Install-Harness-for-select-GM-ADS-MRR-module-also-required
Metra-95-3017B-Chevy-Trax-Kit-DD-mount-Matte-Black-Matte-black
Euro-Antenna-Adapter-OEM-F-to-Motorola-M

The steering wheel radio controls are working again, the backup camera works as intended, and it does show the outside temp, just not on the default screen. There are some menus you need to go through to get it to show the outside temp. Having Apple CarPlay has been amazing and I've been wanting it ever since I bought the car and it didn't have it. Glad I have it now.

Now, I do want to get my hands on a copy of the service manual for my 2016 Trax, and after some google searching, I did find some websites selling a PDF copy, but I do have my concerns.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts