Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased a 2019 Chevy trax LT a big upgrade from my 2003 forester. So I had a subwoofer setup in my forester that consisted of a pioneer head unit a 2000W boss audio amp running two bridged pioneer 12s in an enclosed box (custom box for fitment). Now after having the trax for about a month or so I’m looking to install a new subwoofer setup while I am actually very pleased with the stock speakers in the doors as there not half bad I just really miss the bass I used to have. I have searched everywhere for information and I always end up back here on this forum. But I’ve noticed anyone who’s actually done it has the Bose package that has an amp pre installed in the car. I don’t want to replace the OEM head unit as I view doing so is just a whole other headache I want to avoid unless there’s a unit out there that does not lose any functionality that the oem has. But only as a last resort will it be considered. I haven’t gone to any installers to quote or ask questions yet. The only thing I have done is go to bestbuy and see what it recommends geek squad to use to install it. And it recommends to geek squad if I wanted to have them install it for them to use a “metra two channel LOC” and seems like they would have to splice it in somewhere and I don’t want to void any of my warranty’s. So does anyone know what I can use to run my amp and subs, not splice any wires (I’m willing to jump wires if need be but not splice) and not replace the head unit
I’m honestly at a loss here

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts