1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'm sure it would be pretty easy to find a universal one. Amazon and eBay are great places to look for cheap parts like this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!

Does GM use the same OEM Part Numbers all over the world (it differs between the car brands though, as Opel Mokka has a different number for exactly the same product)? If so, the "Titanium light gray" sunglass holder for the Trax has GM P/N 965064396. At least here in Europe. The P/N for exactly the same holder but for the Opel Mokka is 2352019 - at least the box says so (I bought one for my Trax from one of the local Opel/Chevrolet dealer last week). :)

Here in Europe the Chevrolet Trax comes only with this "Titanium gray" roof while Opel Mokka comes with either the gray or beige "cashmere" roof. The beige cashmere sunglass holder has GM P/N 23520220 (for Opel Mokka).

Anyways, I can strongly recommend this holder - it fits perfectly, both in shape and color and it is extremely easy to install; two screws and two minutes, done! I have normal "pilot Ray Ban type sunglasses" and they fit in there just perfect, they are not allowed to be bigger though, as the holder isn't that large!

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts
Is it difficult to order parts from across the pond and getting them sent here? I think a universal one would be much easier to come by. Probably cheaper too.

·
Registered
745 Posts
some dealers might be able to do it for you, which in that case may be a bit costly but if you want it, pay up.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi!

Does GM use the same OEM Part Numbers all over the world (it differs between the car brands though, as Opel Mokka has a different number for exactly the same product)? If so, the "Titanium light gray" sunglass holder for the Trax has GM P/N 965064396. At least here in Europe. The P/N for exactly the same holder but for the Opel Mokka is 2352019 - at least the box says so (I bought one for my Trax from one of the local Opel/Chevrolet dealer last week). :)

Here in Europe the Chevrolet Trax comes only with this "Titanium gray" roof while Opel Mokka comes with either the gray or beige "cashmere" roof. The beige cashmere sunglass holder has GM P/N 23520220 (for Opel Mokka).

Anyways, I can strongly recommend this holder - it fits perfectly, both in shape and color and it is extremely easy to install; two screws and two minutes, done! I have normal "pilot Ray Ban type sunglasses" and they fit in there just perfect, they are not allowed to be bigger though, as the holder isn't that large!
@Hoffa can't believe I missed that. The holder you posted looks great. But that's just in Europe, which makes me wonder if american Chevrolet/GM dealers can order this part being a Holden part.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There are two methods to obtain such a part in North America:

1) Call a dealer across the pond, pay their full retail price plus a huge shipping fee, and you'll have it.

2) Browse eBay.co.uk (UK eBay) and eBay.de (German eBay). The pricing should be cheaper this way.

Here it is on German eBay:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Mokka-Sonnenbrillenbox-Titanium-OE-2352019-/330894822632?pt=DE_Autoteile&fits=Make:Opel|Model:Mokka&hash=item4d0ade4ce8

If we can find the Vauxhall Mokka part number, we can search for it on English-speaking UK eBay and order it much easier. The Trax is sold as the Vauxhall Mokka in the UK.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Good tip on going through ebay for it, usually i find a ton of great things their. Dealership is going to always charge an arm or leg for what ever it may be, best to avoid them.

·
Registered
263 Posts
There are two methods to obtain such a part in North America:

1) Call a dealer across the pond, pay their full retail price plus a huge shipping fee, and you'll have it.

2) Browse eBay.co.uk (UK eBay) and eBay.de (German eBay). The pricing should be cheaper this way.

Here it is on German eBay:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Mokka-Sonnenbrillenbox-Titanium-OE-2352019-/330894822632?pt=DE_Autoteile&fits=Make:Opel|Model:Mokka&hash=item4d0ade4ce8

If we can find the Vauxhall Mokka part number, we can search for it on English-speaking UK eBay and order it much easier. The Trax is sold as the Vauxhall Mokka in the UK.
don't forget the Holden Trax...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts