Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up for anyone that has to get the lower control arm done on their Trax. From the day mine failed inspection on both sides, (And my wheel was cocked to the right about 5-9 degrees.) It was 46 days until they got the parts. The day they got the parts they did mine and another Trax.

Chevy did put me in a rental car during that time. Which was nice... But now I want an Impala premier to drive during the summer. I need AWD for snow otherwise I would seriously consider trading it in. I was that impressed with the Impala.

·
Super Moderator
207 Posts
I was made aware of the situation when i went to purchase my 2019, which prevented me from getting the copper colored Trax i wanted. Apparently it only affects the models assembled in the US, mine was assembled in Mexico so apparently they're fine. Who would have thought that a welding issue came from the U.S. production plant.

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
Where do they assemble the Trax in the USA?

·
Super Moderator
207 Posts
Where do they assemble the Trax in the USA?
I didn't even bother asking him where a Trax assembly plant in the U.S. was located, I was only concerned about it not having a lower control arm weld issue. Had one split on a Subaru Outback once, ended up replacing the whole front suspension because I couldn't trust it anymore. I don't know if maybe there's a plant that just assembled just the lower control arms in the U.S when they began ramping up production or not, because I just assumed that mostly Korea and Mexico were the main production lines. As long as it doesn't appear on the recall list or i have a problem in the future I will consider it a good thing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Naw, Trax are only "Made", (Read final assembly) in Mexico or Korea. This issue was on the Mexican vehicles as I have a theory that it was a worn welding robot or more likely a bad programming job.

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
Or they were manufactured during siesta.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts