Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I check the turbo output. I want to find out if the turbo is working like it should. This car has almost zero power off the line like I have to. Almost floor it sometimes to get it to move. About to get rid of it. It's painfully slow. Only has 11500 miles 2019.

·
Super Moderator
2,318 Posts
If you have a code reader it will also give you the boost level. Also make sure the clamp at the throttle body is tight.

·
Super Moderator
2,318 Posts
I use Torque Pro, but there are others. I'm used to this one and it has been debugged pretty well.

Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device Number

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At idle it said -11 hg vacuum but when I would accelerate the - value would go down and the very highest I would see is maybe 1 psi boost as I got up to 40 mph. Is this good?

·
Super Moderator
2,318 Posts
HG and PSI aren't the same make sure you are reading PSI. Check in settings. You should see 6-7 PSI regularly when accelerating.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All I know is this is what normally appears but it went up to 1 psi when I went to 40 mph. It wouldn't go any higher than 1 psi. I have an idea my turbo is bad but the tech said he thought the car drove fine but I can tell it has slow take off. It definitely feels like it is lacking power. How do I get them to test the turbo? There are no check engine lights.
Rectangle Font Clock Gas Auto part

·
Super Moderator
2,318 Posts
I can't see the turbo being bad at such low mileage. Are you sure you saw PSI because it will never go higher than 1 in/HG.
If it is sluggish you may have a leak. Check intercooler inlet and outlet plus throttle body clamp on hose.

·
Super Moderator
2,318 Posts
That's about right at idle. Here is tonight's road trip to mom's

Font Line Screenshot Electronic device Technology

You may want to check this thread for a bit more ideas and info. Lost all Boost

·
Super Moderator
2,318 Posts
Man you must be reading HG, or you have a major leak. Earlier today, just left my daughter's house and already had hit a 6.1 PSI.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel Steering part

·
Super Moderator
2,318 Posts
You can hit the camera icon for a screenshot.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm at a loss of what to do. There are no engine lights. I took it to 3 dealerships each one says the car drive normally. I can definitely tell there's a loss of power when accelerating. For the most part it's fine when cruising. But I don't really have much if any passing power or even accelerating up to 60 or whatever on the interstate. Gonna check the psi reading while going home on the interstate tonight after work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts