Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we have a 10 minute video from TFLCar that gives you Everything You Need to Know About the 2015 Chevy Trax. Personally, I think the TFL does a really great job with their videos.

The 2015 Chevy Trax has a turbocharged 4-cylinder, 1.4L Ecotec engine that produces 138 horsepower and 148 lb-ft of torque. It gets 26 MPG city and 34 MPG highway.

Safety features include a rearview camera, electronic stability control incorporating traction control and rollover mitigation features, ABS and electronic brake force distribution, cornering brake control and brake assist. AND, 10 airbags.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Decent video, good info coming from that Chevy rep. Biggest take-away for me from that video is that they will have AWD available on ALL trims, thats a big thing. I believe most car makers require you to go into higher trim levels to select AWD.

Here's the video, embedded:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AWD for all, that's a nice touch. Almost seems like more companies should consider doing the same.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I think they should at least make it available on their world vehicles, it makes it so much more easier on them.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Pretty much all the major automakers will now allow you to add AWD as a standalone option. Chevy isn't doing anything out of the norm here.

If you notice thats an early glimpse at the accessory catalogue, notice the bike rack...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With most vehicles there are people who want AWD. Automakers may as well offer it on all their vehicles except the ones where it really doesn't make any sense. I am going to get AWD on the Trax. What about you guys?

·
Registered
745 Posts
With most vehicles there are people who want AWD. Automakers may as well offer it on all their vehicles except the ones where it really doesn't make any sense. I am going to get AWD on the Trax. What about you guys?
What reason(s) do you have for going AWD?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I prefer it for winter conditions. It makes me feel like I have more control over the car and I also think that it stops you from getting stuck in the snow from time to time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts