Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
The forum content is good.

But this is the slowest forum that I have ever been on. There is so much advertising and monitoring going on that it literally takes minutes to load every time I change to another page. I can not leave this open in the back ground because it has so much activity going on in the background that it drags my whole computer down. I do NOT experience this on other forums. I type with just 2 fingers, and I can type faster that the words can load to the screen. I would visit and participate a lot more if it were not so cumbersome.

·
Registered
772 Posts
The forum content is good.

But this is the slowest forum that I have ever been on. There is so much advertising and monitoring going on that it literally takes minutes to load every time I change to another page. I can not leave this open in the back ground because it has so much activity going on in the background that it drags my whole computer down. I do NOT experience this on other forums. I type with just 2 fingers, and I can type faster that the words can load to the screen. I would visit and participate a lot more if it were not so cumbersome.
You need to add an Ad blocker to your browser, you can switch them off if you wish to see ads.

I use Firefox my ad blocker is simply AdBolock, if I had to wait for the ads the public wifi I'm at would take forever to load.

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
Seems to work good for me, just not a lot of people with problems yet which is good to see.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting
What is now the first post in this thread was originally an answer to the Forum Admin asking for input on how we like the forum. and that thread asking for input is now closed?

I did install AdBlock and it does help a lot, it will take some time to get it adjusted correctly as it also messes up some other forums.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm running a Linux browser with filtering software... Runs great but this is why some might be getting bogged down....

Requests blocked on this page 25 or 32%
Redirects on here include Amazon, Toyota, Adsense,Exeltor,Nexac,verticalscope,viglink.google,newrelick,facebook,twitter.

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
How are you ever going to survive without those ads?

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
I don't like vendors posting on here selling stuff that has absolutely noting to do with my Chevy Trax. I find this extremely annoying!!!!

Also why is it when I put WiseGuide Deals on my ignore list that their posts still show up on my page? @Admin could you also increase the edit period to a couple of weeks at least.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not sure what the edit period is right now, but it used to be ONE hour. I did start a new thread to ask the admin to raise that and they did.

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
Not a lot of dialogue and edit period is still too short, should be no limit at all. If I screw up or make a mistake I would really like a chance to correct or change it without going through a bunch of hoops to do it.

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
:|I'm glad moderators listen to our concerns and get right on it.:(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts