Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many times when I turn on the vehicle the time is incorrect... I have it set to manual and set the time but when I leave and come back it will be random... when I set the time to automatic it will still be random then sometimes change to the correct time... Is there any way to make sure the time is correct at all times? :) I use the clock in the car all the time. time... :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
That's odd. It sounds like your clock keeps resetting by itself randomly. You'll probably have to bring it to your dealership and have them take a look.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Is there an OK button or save on the page where you set the clock?

It could be the time is correcting itself with internet time, or your not saving your choice, like you do in a windows program on your computer.

I'm just guessing on these answers, I have no Trax to try them myself on since I got the Buick.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beguz,

Thank you for the Reply... Yes there is an Ok button... I can manually set the time and it then shows correctly..... When we turn off the car and come back later you would think that it would have kept the setting but the time will be random... since It is on manual I can reset the time again to the correct time but it then resets again when I power down the vehicle.... If i set it to automatic... It wont set the time but when we are driving it could be 10 minutes or 30 minutes the time will autocorrect to the correct time.... But then again when we turn off the vehicle and come back it is not correct..

·
Registered
206 Posts
Check all of your fuses with a test light or meter. Not just by looking at them. I wonder if you have a bad fuse on the circuit that holds power to the radio when the key is off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent Idea Flyinfool !!!!. Never thought about it on that side.... Ill check the fuses and let you know. :) I hope everyone has a Wonderful Christmas !!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Check all of your fuses with a test light or meter. Not just by looking at them. I wonder if you have a bad fuse on the circuit that holds power to the radio when the key is off.
I was thinking the exact same thing when I was reading through this. It reminds me of the old problem when we used to install head units into cars and you'd have the situation where everytime you took off the vehicle, all the audio settings would reset. The constant power to supply the memory function just wasn't there and you'd check all the fuses and the power wires again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
GM bulletin PIC6096B is new info on this problem GM will give you five years free On Star service because the clock is GPS driven and they don't know how to fix it otherwise. I'm going for the free on star to fix the problem, since the clock always corrects itself 15 minutes after I leave town... GPS based.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the last week my Chevy Malibu 2015 been doing this. First it was 1 hr behind on the clock in the morning. Later that day it was correct. 2 days later 15mins behind. Then another day 7 mins behind. Also onstar dialed out twice in the laat month. To me seems like someone is messing with my car electronically from somewhere else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts