Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tinting mirrors

What's an effective way to tint my side mirrors. When cars are behind me at night, it's blinding and I have to turn the mirrors down. Especially when they are HID lights.

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
First of all you are adjusting your side mirrors wrong. Your side view mirrors should not see the cars in the rear, you have a rearview mirror for that. Your side view mirrors should see a side view. This way you don't get blinded by cars in back of you.

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
If you go in advanced editing you can correct your title to ''Tinting mirrors''

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I look out the side windows to get a side view. I used my side mirrors to see what is behind me to the back left or right (BEHIND ME). Just like the video you posted.
Now back to my question.....do you know of an effective way to tint side mirrors? Because when cars are behind me (to the left and the right), I see their headlights. I drive more than just two lane back roads.

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
Here it is illegal to tint side mirros

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe in your state...but not in Tennessee.
So again...please stick with the question I asked.

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
If you don't have ice or freezing rain in your area you could probably get them tinted at a local tint shop. You'd probably have to guess on a percentage of tint and you may have to go for adjustment but it can't be that costly to get done, mirrors aren't very big. They may already have done some and pretty much know what you'd need. As far as HID and those new Toyota LED lights I got myself a pair of night time driving glasses, they are very effective at cutting glare and those retinae burning lights. Just $10.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts