Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting alerts about the pressure being low in the dash. But when I check them, they are all ok. One even showed 53 pounds of pressure but when I checked with my tire gauge, it was actually 32. Is this a tire pressure monitor bad or just a hiccup I can fix myself?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,163 Posts
What year Trax? You probably have a bad sensor if it reads 52 and you measure 32. I have a 2016 Trax and I've already replaced 2 sensors but mine completely died and showed "--" for numbers. These are suppose to last 7-8 years but some die prematurely. It's the high quality Chinese manufacturing that makes these this reliable and long lasting ( lol ). You can get these pretty cheap if you're in no hurry. I just bought an other set since my wife's G6 also had one die.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/4x-ACDelco-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

·
Registered
7 Posts
The TPMS sensors go through quite a bit of movement for anything electrical. I would bet the sensor itself is either bad, or clogged with some debris... Did anyone use fix-a-flat on your tires recently?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Have them replaced under warranty while you still can. Costco can also do it for much less than the stealership will charge!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The TPMS sensors go through quite a bit of movement for anything electrical. I would bet the sensor itself is either bad, or clogged with some debris... Did anyone use fix-a-flat on your tires recently?
No. That stuff is crazy bad lol

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked for trouble codes just in case and didn't find any. That's what they wanna do and charge$35 for. Well Im not paying for it, especially of it didn't fix it. I shall see Saturday morning when I get it to the dealer while still under warranty

·
Super Moderator
2,163 Posts
Make sure you remember which wheel it was because if the problem isn't there when you bring the vehicle they won't change it.

Reactions: mjbjr25

·
Super Moderator
2,163 Posts
:nerd:FYI You know you can remove this advertisement signature in your phone settings right?:D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So this is what happened. A nail in the tire not showing as low air. "Someone" moved the sensors around or didn't tell the computer they were rotated(the dealer did it last time in November) . But they releaned them under warranty ave is all good now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts