Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, it's getting time to buy tires for our car, not sure what brand to buy, always have used Goodyear tires, but don't think this size comes n a goodyear, 205/70/16, what brand tires you all running on your Trax ?

·
Super Moderator
302 Posts
I'm in the market for tires myself, since at 17k i have 2 that wouldn't pass state inspection. Goodyear Eagles come in that size, Firestone also has a few offerings, Uniroyal Tiger Paw, and a few random brand names as well. Check the speed ratings before buying, since they're H (130 MPH) the lowest i would go is T (118 mph).

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Like these are ever going to reach that speed lol. Manufacturers should start to come around and manufacture this size. Because I hate the ContiPro, if not you can go up or down a size. 215/65-R16 or if it's winter tires 195/75-R16.

Even 215/70's are acceptable.

·
Super Moderator
302 Posts
Best I've ever had mine rolling at was 110 mph, i was running out of tunnel too fast to go faster.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Toyo Celsius 205/65R16 are very good on my 2017 Trax LT AWD. H speed rating and mountain/snowflake symbol for all-weather rating.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello everyone, I replaced the tires with the same kind and size came on our trax, got right at 45-48000 miles out of the old ones came on the car.....probably could have gotten more out of them but didn't rotate them like I should have....and we get right at 29.5 to 30 mph on our car.....usually running the speed limits, lol....but have had it up to 95 coming home from work and held good in the curve, but don't always drive like this.....so far seems like have had good service out of it, it now has 52000 and some miles on it and is a daily driver.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts