Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2018 Trax and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the vehicle towing anything. Google says that it can support 3500 lbs tow capacity and a 300 lbs tongue weight, but i don't know if I trust it pulling that much with only a 1.4L Turbo.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a 2018 Trax and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the vehicle towing anything. Google says that it can support 3500 lbs tow capacity and a 300 lbs tongue weight, but i don't know if I trust it pulling that much with only a 1.4L Turbo.
Consult your owner manual.

·
Registered
68 Posts
That is VERY incorrect. Chevy actually only sells a "hitch connector" for kayaks, bikes etc... BUT some people have had luck with MUCH smaller towing. Here is a link after a quick search on this forum. Welcome and look forward to seeing more people come here. TRAXY will probably be by in a minute to make my response look bad. (Just kidding)

https://www.traxforum.com/forum/466-engines-technical-discussion/1521-any-towing-capacity.html
Agree with you. Trax isn't for towing, period! It's stated clearly in the Owners Manual...

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you can't safely put it inside the cabin or on the roof, you have no business using the Trax for that job. There's a lot of information crossover online between the Trax and the Equinox for some reason or another, and I think this may be part of the case at the moment.

The Equinox can tow up to 3500 pounds, when equipped with the 2.0L Turbo and the 9-speed transmission. There's also a button for towing next to the traction control button that will tell the transmission to work in a towing capacity and help the engine more than normal.

I just checked my owner's manual for my 2019 Trax and here's what it said for General Towing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts