Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's a strange one.
The right front sensor hadn't been working and not showing pressure on the menu not that I really cared.
But anyway I thought it was time to rotate my tires. So now the right front tire would now be on right rear , ok?
So now after I got them all changed around I thought I'd relearn the computer for the different positions of the tires. So following the instructions starting with left front it beeped, right front which was originally the right rear didn't beep, now the right rear beeped , went to left rear it beeped but didn't beep the second time to signal that it was done reprogramming, which I figured that's because the right front didn't program.
So question why is the sensor not programming when it was working in it's original position and vice versa for the rear one.
Is there something else that affects the operation of the sensors?

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
Did you do a relearn on the previous rotation?

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
Yes. But that means the bad TPMS is at the rear passenger side. Sensor sell for about $10 on ebay. Maybe $20 to get it changed with balance if needed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But it's the front that doesn't beep which was the right rear. The right rear does beep which was on front that didn't put out a read out for the pressure.

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
Well if you didn't do a relearn the last time the computer taught the right rear was in front so it show it bad in the front when you moved them again you put the bad one in the front again. Seems logical to me. The bad TPMS is in the front passenger wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts