Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. We have had our Trax for a year now and it has 31,000 miles on it. We noticed while at a stop every so often we get a delay when stepping on the gas pedal like a delay or a hesitation when starting out and the Transmission is trying to go into First Gear. It seems like the Transmission is not really slipping, but it is like trying to get into gear and will eventually grab the gear and work just fine. We notice it is happen every once in a while. It does not happen all the time and it is only as of lately we notice it even more, but it is very sporadic. We took it to the dealer today and they did not notice any issues with it and they did not see any codes and made sure there were no updates available for it. We drove it home today and it drove fine. It does seem like it might be slipping, but it does eventually grab the 1st gear. All other gears are fine and are seamless with no issues. It is only noticed when starting from a dead stop. Does anyone notice any of the symptoms we have described? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I get that occasionally on my '16 LT AWD. The only time this happens is after backing out of my driveway in the morning then putting it in to Drive. This started about a month ago. I have a bit over 64,500 miles. Temperature at 5 AM has been between 28 and 50 F.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get that occasionally on my '16 LT AWD. The only time this happens is after backing out of my driveway in the morning then putting it in to Drive. This started about a month ago. I have a bit over 64,500 miles. Temperature at 5 AM has been between 28 and 50 F.
Mine is an AWD as well, but mine only happens at a stop and then starting. Mine is still under warranty, but I am going to call GM on Monday and document it as it seems to be an issue. See this post: Delayed acceleration at a full stop

I appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
324 Posts
While not a speed demon in the least, the Trax shouldn't have much of a delay when accelerating from a dead stop. There may be something up with the accelerator sensor, since cabled throttles are a thing of the past. Try turning off the traction control and see if it's a little more responsive, you may have a bad signal in that system causing the delay in acceleration as well.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While not a speed demon in the least, the Trax shouldn't have much of a delay when accelerating from a dead stop. There may be something up with the accelerator sensor, since cabled throttles are a thing of the past. Try turning off the traction control and see if it's a little more responsive, you may have a bad signal in that system causing the delay in acceleration as well.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
I will try that. I guess I am just frustrated that this happening on a car with 31,000 on it. Thank you for the suggestion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will try that. I guess I am just frustrated that this happening on a car with 31,000 on it. Thank you for the suggestion.
Hello. We have had our Trax for a year now and it has 31,000 miles on it. We noticed while at a stop every so often we get a delay when stepping on the gas pedal like a delay or a hesitation when starting out and the Transmission is trying to go into First Gear. It seems like the Transmission is not really slipping, but it is like trying to get into gear and will eventually grab the gear and work just fine. We notice it is happen every once in a while. It does not happen all the time and it is only as of lately we notice it even more, but it is very sporadic. We took it to the dealer today and they did not notice any issues with it and they did not see any codes and made sure there were no updates available for it. We drove it home today and it drove fine. It does seem like it might be slipping, but it does eventually grab the 1st gear. All other gears are fine and are seamless with no issues. It is only noticed when starting from a dead stop. Does anyone notice any of the symptoms we have described? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I have a 2021 Trax LT AWD and mine also does that every time I start moving from a stop. Its an annoyance and I think it has something to do with the AWD system but I may be wrong. I also noticed that myTrax does not have hill assist either because when I lift my foot off the brake pedal it always rolls back and that’s annoying not having it especially when every new GM car I’ve bought since 2013 has had that feature.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 2021 Trax LT AWD and mine also does that every time I start moving from a stop. Its an annoyance and I think it has something to do with the AWD system but I may be wrong. I also noticed that myTrax does not have hill assist either because when I lift my foot off the brake pedal it always rolls back and that’s annoying not having it especially when every new GM car I’ve bought since 2013 has had that feature.
We have a Premier and have hill assist, but ours on occassion will make a loud sounds like to me a clicking noise and it gets louder asI accelerate, but will eventually go away through time. We took it to the dealer and they did not notice any issues with it. So we will be taking it back and see what else it could be. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts