Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Chevy trax that I purchased new in September of 2020. I didn’t even have it 6 months and it was in the shop for transmission issues. When I go from reverse to drive, it’s studders than takes off and the whole car feel like it’s struggling to take off. They claimed it wasn’t doing anything so I picked it up, I dropped it off April 19 and when I dropped it off I told them the rpms get stuck in high gears when I’m driving down the highway. They told me today when I picked up my trax that it’s fine but there is a feature that when your setting at a red light in drive, that that transmission will put itself into neutral to conserve gas. Which makes no sense to me. I’ve been trying to find this online about my car but can’t find anything bout it. And I’m trying to find people who have had similari things happening to them. They pretty much gave it back to me and told me, good luck with your car. Any helps or links would be helpful?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi - I purchased a 2020 Trax new last August. The manual says that in the early miles, the transmission "learns" about the way the driver drives and then uses that memory for up and downshifting, at least from my understanding. That is what I found to be true as well. After the first thousand miles or so, the transmission settled down and the shifting improved. I have never had, nor heard of the transmission going to neutral. You might want to contact Chevy and file a claim so they can contact the dealer and investigate your problem and their claim. The number is in your MyChevrolet app. Hope this helps - Bill

·
Super Moderator
293 Posts
Never had that issue in my 2019, only the occasional hiccup when it couldn't decide whether to down shift or not when highway speeds are behind maintained up hill. I think it was due to the fact that I don't do much highway driving, but i did notice the issue stopped before my first maintenance.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Trax LT AWD
53 Posts
Sounds like the same issue GM was/is having with their Colorado truck line. The shuddering transmission issue was resolved with a flush and a different fluid formula. The dealer’s excuse is nonsense.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - I purchased a 2020 Trax new last August. The manual says that in the early miles, the transmission "learns" about the way the driver drives and then uses that memory for up and downshifting, at least from my understanding. That is what I found to be true as well. After the first thousand miles or so, the transmission settled down and the shifting improved. I have never had, nor heard of the transmission going to neutral. You might want to contact Chevy and file a claim so they can contact the dealer and investigate your problem and their claim. The number is in your MyChevrolet app. Hope this helps - Bill
Ok, that must be what is going on with mine. I felt like something was wrong with this thing, but now that I know that I feel better. It just seems as if the shifting is clunky and at times lags, but I suppose it must be "thinking" about the way I drive. Appreciate the information.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts