Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down a busy road the other night when my 2018 chevy trax just wouldn't move. If I put it in drive or natural or park it would go backwards. The speed odometer digtal and the speed gage was saying 130mph backwards with out it moving and while my foot was on the brake. The dealership is saying that I must have slung my car in park while driving.(how dumb is that) whatever happened messed with my transmission and I will have to probably get a new one. My chevy trax is a 2018. I brought it brand new in July 2018. Has anyone else had trouble with theirs?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To add to that on Monday the dealership did an oil change and the lower arm weld recall. This happened Thursday night.

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
This sounds more like a BCM or TCM problem than an actual mechanical failure. Always deny any wrong doing. Warranty should cover that. Maybe the previous mechanic knocked a transmission line loose. Deny deny deny and blame them for shotty work.

·
Super Moderator
207 Posts
Hmm, just did recall service in the general area of the transmission and they're saying it's something that you did? That sounds like a tech probably hit something replacing the control arms and they're trying to absolve themselves of responsibility.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts