Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to have the transmission fluid and filter changed today at 50,000 miles. The independent shop, highly recommended, cautioned against flushing So it was drain and refill with leaving the torque converter contents unchanged. I asked about the transmission fluid filter and initially they were going to change it. But they came back saying it requires a transmission tear down to get to it. So they did the drain and refill for $93. I tried to

research replacement of the filter on the internet to check out the shop's story. I didn't find anything specific about the Trax. But one site said in the old days they replaced filters, but that today's transmissions are sealed and the only "contamament" can be from worn and broken parts. The just
was don't do a flush and just a drain and refill without filter.

·
Super Moderator
302 Posts
I know a lot of manufacturers have done away with replaceable filters and changed to a steel mesh "filter" built into the unit. Being that Chevy has been putting sealed transmissions in vehicles for quite some time now, i imagine that was their solution on the Trax.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts