Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A can of Coke exploded in the hot car and got coke in the shifter mechanism and now it's all sticky when shifting. I need to remove the shifter to do a detailed cleaning. How do you remove the shifter so I can remove the console bexel?

Thanks, Rico

·
Registered
144 Posts
A can of Coke exploded in the hot car and got coke in the shifter mechanism and now it's all sticky when shifting. I need to remove the shifter to do a detailed cleaning. How do you remove the shifter so I can remove the console bexel?

Thanks, Rico
Here's a video of a guy removing the center console and shifter on a Sonic, since the Trax is pretty much a little bigger version it should be close enough to get the general procedure.

https://youtu.be/1mkPpdfIOWY

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was thinking the same thing when i watched the video, it would have been much less work to just swap the whole thing.

·
Registered
68 Posts

Thanks, Rico
Hi.

There's another detailed video tutorial how to remove completely the shifter from a Chevy Trax. Sorry, it's in spanish :)

Regards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts