Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody,

After looking at almost every small SUV ever made, and pretty much thinking I would get a Honda HRV, I really surprised myself and in February bought a Trax. If anyone is interested in comparables it is -

- a new 2015 LT AWD that has the sunroof and BOSE upgrade (LT Sun and Sound Package), which I got for $21,700.00 USD. That was out-the-door, including state sales tax, title, plates, and registration.

I bought the car at Good Chevrolet in Renton, WA, USA, and except for a wonky OnStar module that the dealer replaced under warranty, the car has behaved very nicely. I think the car is a very good value, and fun to drive. I've also had the opportunity to drive it on our extremely wet Puget Sound roads, and the car feels solid, and handles pretty well.

I wouldn't mind a 12volt outlet in the rear storage area, and the headrest seems too close to the back of my head - sometimes a bit annoying. However, it generally seems like a good value. I hope it holds it's value, and continues to perform well over the long run.

It's great to be here, and see how others have modified their vehicles and get information regarding gas mileage comparisons, and drivability.

I'm glad I found this forum !!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the question and welcoming me to the forum:

I had looked at quite a number of other small SUVs - Honda HRV, Kia Sportage, Mazda CX-3, Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, Nissan Rouge, Fiat 500X, etc., and I felt that I was done searching. I was pretty convinced that I would get the Honda, but the dealer would do no negotiating, and insisted on including clear bra, locking wheel nuts, mud flaps, etc. (second invoice stuff) at outrageous and inflated pricing. The Honda, as good as it was, just didn't seem to be a good value at $25,000.00 plus.

I stopped at the Chevy dealer on a whim, and found the Trax. After test driving I thought it was pretty good. By that point I had driven enough other vehicles to make a fair comparison. The car was being sold exactly the way it was - they did not add things I didn't want and had the price down to $19,222.00 before tax, license, etc. It was a pretty easy decision. The basics of the car were solid, the warranty was pretty good, and I was tired of looking. It seemed like the natural result of an intentional process.

Of course it's brand new, but so far it seems to have been a good decision. Reading some of the other comments on this forum has reinforced that idea. I look forward to learning more about my car here - thanks again!

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have to say, out of all in the segment the Rogue really interested me and that's consistent with what dealers are requiring and that's more Rogues, apparently those things sell like crazy which just goes to show how many see the value in getting one. One thing that made me more inclined to look into the Rogue was seeing far more of them on the road than Trax's.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good to hear of another happy trax owner. I know it takes all kinds to make the world go round but Nissan is like VW, they cant seem to make a decent looking car. The sentra is as plain as they come and the Morono is a terrible looking vehicle, Nissan must have got it from Buick with their terrible looking Enclave, at least the new Buicks look much better now. Then you have the Mallfinder, and the moronic juke. Nissan should have stuck with Datsun. 280z 300z not the terrible 370z which looks just like a pregnant egg. Rant over lol next week toyopet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts