Chevy Trax Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Yes it should I hope they get me the updated turbo I don't want to do this again for awhile this really bites stupid quality or lack of damnit.
Quality was there since only 2% failed before 60,000 miles and not all with this particular failure. On some the crack was between the turbo port and the waste gate port which meant a lost of turbo pressure that would gradually get worst until the ECM felt it was below acceptable and turned on the CEL or MIL which ever way you want to call it.

But this is not where yours cracked. I'm going to try to find a picture of your actual problem if I can.

In your case what failed is the actual turbo, In this picture you can see the oil inlet and outlet.

Here is a picture of a complete assembly, this is the revised version.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks Traxy i do appreciate your help i emailed GM and they assigned me a case number maybe i will see some action so hopefully if and when i get the new turbo i won't be in this situation for a while i hope.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
We'll still no Trax it's been almost 2 weeks and no information and no work from my advisor from GM either after the first call......I could have gotten a eBay turbo and been done by now. OMFG!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Unreal!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Yes i know right well the adviser from GM called me but i couldn't answer the phone and i called back leaving voicemail eg phone tag damnit. This is like getting kicked in the head i just don't understand what the **** is going on somebody needs to get their stuff together the loaner i am driving might as well be mine ha like that will ever happen. Thanks again Traxy i just am seeing so much hanky panky i have never had this much hassle before and i am getting discouraged by the mess.Maybe i should have taken the trax to a Buick dealership lol and get the buick turbo lol same part different number.......update the miles are going up on my Trax and now the oil life indicator shows 0% and i got a email from OnStar to service my vehicle soon really? What the **** is going on now?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well Friday it was finished finally all new turbo and all the new seals and oil lines I even got to smell the new part smell burning off yay. I am happy I got her back but not happy it took so long to get fixed and the going out to begin with. But at least it didn't drop me on the highway somewhere.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
So what did the work order say was the problem in the end?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I think they thought it was me not sure I haven't smelled oil yet need to keep an eye on the oil level for awhile longer anyway. How long till something else blows out I am doubtful about GM anymore......

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well it looks like the turbo problems might not be over i have noticed an oil burning smell again and visually saw the blue smoke this time.I am gonna have to get it looked at again(grumbles angrily). Anybody have any ideas that it might be the oil turbo cooling line leaking? So i am off to the dealership again YEAH. WoW i am set aback so much trouble looks like i am gonna change brands lol no Korean or Japan or Italian "Chrysler-Dodge".

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Post a quick note the oil return from the turbo charger seal was leaking hmmmm needed to order it not got the call as of yet it's done. Makes me think they didn't replace the tube to begin with imagine that. At least i didn't have to pay for it.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
What year is your Trax again? Because there was a bulletin up to 2016. Mine has the revised tube with 2 seals and insulation and no sharp bend in the tube. It was the first thing I checked when I bought my Trax, sure enough it had the revised version. Hasn't leaked yet.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Really? I have a 2016 i would have thought they would put the newer tube on during the turbo swap but, i was mistaken. Thanks for the info Traxy.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
If it already had the revised version they would have only changed the crush seal washers at the turbo. It makes no sense to do so because the 2 seals cost more than the complete oil feed tube.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I don't know have not heard from them at all called Saturday no call back. I thought they said the oil return from the turbo seal. It just irritates me to no end total crap. If they have pulled some kind of shenanigan it being the turbo charger again i will be livid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Turbo Warranty - Replacement Still having issues

I waited two months for parts after my 2016 Chevrolet Trax Turbo Warranty recall and issues. 5 miles out -- issues were worse than they have ever Been -- 8 miles after leaving the Dealer I was doing a 16mph chug chug chug on a busy interstate. Help! What are my options? Wait 2 more month for parts??? The Dealership has been fabulous, doing all they can to get parts, keep me informed, loaner vehicle etc. Anyone else have issues after Warranty replacement of the Turbo?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Get this they replaced both oil feed line and the output tubes wow how in the wholly heck do they not do the right thing the first time luckily their dumb stupid moves i had to visit them again. Well at least that it was covered under the repair they supposed to have been done.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Ordered mine today.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I am at wits end still smelling fresh burning oil after the repair yes i do realize it does take time to burn off old dripping. Now i have check engine says P2096 that's the only code. It has got to be bad luck this time of they didn't fix fix it. Had to add oil again after getting it back. :( It' going back again if its o2 sensor i will find someone else to put them on not paying them 300 big ones maybe more to do it. Sorry guys to be so down on something i actually like driving but really? I needed to vent. thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Well i have given up on the Trax have had enough it's gone and will be a bitter pill to swallow.......this is good bye and thanks for all the fish.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
What did you get instead?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts