Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember a post where somebody owned a Trax and an Encore. Can you tell us the difference in ride and anything else that makes an impression? I had an Encore loaner when I had my old car, a Pontiac Vibe, in the dealer's shop for repair. I got interested in the Trax from that experience. I just wonder if the Encore is worth the difference in price.

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
I'm probably that guy.

I don't know how 2 vehicles built on the same platform can be so different in so many ways.

Don't get me wrong I love my Trax, it's my daily driver but as far as looks, ride, comfort, quietness, rattle free, parking brake knob, infotainment, even the cluster info and fuel economy my Encore wins by a long shot. The Buick by far is just better on all aspect except for PowerTrain reliability since they are the same. I bought the Trax because I couldn't find and AWD Encore at the time.

If none of these negative thing bother you get a Trax, but if you were to ask me my opinion and the difference in price wasn't that great I'd buy the Encore in a flash.

I've had both on long trips and I came out a lot less tired with the Buick. I know some of it may make no sense but I really prefer the Encore on all sides. The only negative is the smaller rear glass on the Encore. Slightly better rear view in the Trax. I love both but prefer the Encore.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Traxy,
I read some reviews and they said the seats in the Trax were more comfortable than the Encore. I think they were
comparing the power seats. I thought power seats were standard in the Encore and optional in the Trax.

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
I have power seats in both and the Encore seats are much nicer.

·
Super Moderator
209 Posts
Materials in the Encore are much more 'luxurious' in comparison to what come in the Trax (at least in the LT level). Maybe a Trax Premiere is more comparable to the Encore, but overall, GM has been revamping the Buick line as a 'Affordable Luxury' for the past decade now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts